13 June 2005

Whiplash! The first Whippersnapp contest!

Dear Whippersnapp enthusiasts:

Alright, so a couple of months ago I was driving around Kings Plaza in southeast Brooklyn. Stopped at a traffic light, I noticed a sign in the rear windshield of the car ahead of me that read "THIS CAR IS PROTECTED BY A PIT BULL WITH AIDS," alongside a cartoon of a dog with blood smeared all over its mouth. I believe the car was an '80s-model Toyota Celica,

So I've got $50 for the first person who can get me a photo of this car with this sign. If you want to make a similar sign (or buy it, god knows what sort of establishment sells a sign like that) and put it in your car that's cool, too, but get me a shot of it in traffic, because it'd take zero balls to take a snapshot of the car while it's in your driveway and then remove the sign afterward. Also don't give me any Photoshopped crap, I do that for a living and can tell the difference.

Happy snapping,
Brendan